MTZ contribution: The new gasoline engines
The article “The new four-cylinder petrol engines from Mercedes Benz” appeared in the November 2013 issue of MTZ
We developed the mass balancing as a complete, ready-to-install assembly for this engine family. See our advertisement on page 8.
We are proud to report that we have more than achieved the targets for reducing friction and weight. As part of our development work, we were able to contribute the entire range of our engineering expertise:
- Installation space studies and assembly design
- Simulation of mechanical and thermal loads
- Vibration analysis
- Topology optimization
- Service life calculation and design of the roller bearings
- Validation on our component test benches (more than 20,000 hours)
- Creation of manufacturing concepts for series production
We started our development work as early as in the pre-development phase on behalf of Mercedes-Benz. We later worked as an engineering partner for today’s series supplier.
The development of balancer shafts and mass balancing systems, especially with roller bearings, is one of our specialties. We hold several patents in this field.
Download: MTZ contribution